Sunday 9 February 2014

Crafty Gifts.

At the end of January, two little people had a birthday. It was the perfect opportunity to get the paints out. To mark Ivor turning one, I decided to make him something personal.



I had been given some blank Russian dolls a while ago and had been saving them for something special. I decided to paint them with foxes to match his room.



It was also my friend's daughter's second birthday. I had been promising her a Swedish themed painting for her room for some time.  So while the paints were out, I cracked on with that too.
I have never been to Sweden so I hope it fits the bill!

Lastly, I was very fortunate to go on a FANTASTIC weaving course this month using recycled materials at the Make Place on Magdalen St. www.makeplacenorwich.co.uk We used laptop looms which were very easy to master and I was surprised at how quickly I was able to produce a length of woven material. 

The course tutor was a lovely lady called Aviva Leigh. You can find out more about laptop looms, workshops and Aviva's work at www.slowstuff.co.uk 



No comments:

Post a Comment